Are you looking for a fun, fast-paced opportunity to join one of Canada’s leading online marketing firms? If you are a goal-oriented team player who has the passion and energy to achieve a high level of success, then we are looking for you.
Located in Burlington Ontario, Opie Marketing Group Inc. is offering this unique opportunity to become involved with one of Canada’s leading emarketing companies. Our company is a fast-growing business that owns and operates a number of successful niche-market portals and ecommerce websites.
Under the guidance of the VP of Information Technology and in coordination with other technical support team members, you will act as a lead for technical problems encountered within the office and you will provide system administration services and support to our server infrastructure and data centre environment.
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password resets, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, email and chat.
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers and other devices.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and established best practices related to infrastructure deployment, account management and security.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware and network issues.
- Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access for new, departing or promoted/demoted employees.
- Use IT ticket entries to establish trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Prioritize and accurately log IT tickets and resolutions and maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions for end users as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Post secondary education focused in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 2-5 years of direct work experience in a help desk support capacity.
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the organization.
- Excellent written, oral and telephone communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer workstation setup.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Prospective candidates must consent to a background check.
- Advanced skills implementing, managing, and supporting Red Hat Linux, or other enterprise Unix operating systems.
- Linux experience with working knowledge of the following:
- Administration of Linux/Debian/FreeBSD servers
- cPanel administration
- PHP/Perl installation, configuration, and optimization
- Linux security technologies
- Programming/Scripting: Perl, PHP, C+
- Web server hardening and security
- Bind installation and configuration
- Linux Networking IPVS, IP Tables, Squid
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware, networking, backup/restore.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, WINS, DNS.
Advanced skills in the use and configuration of Windows Server 2003/2008 Operating Systems and Active Directory.
To begin your career with Opie Marketing Group, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank each candidate for his/her interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES