Web Application Developer
Challenging. Inspiring. Fun.
As a Web Application Developer you will be a key member of our product development team and will work on a variety of web-based user interfaces and programming projects.
- Designing and implementing product and platform features
- Developing programming code from scratch or by adapting existing website graphics and software to meet business requirements
- Developing code that is secure against all forms of injection
- Testing and identifying any bugs, technical problems and glitches
- Database management, form development and integration into our platform
- Minimum 4 years of experience with:
- Web application development using PHP
- Object-oriented programming
- Proficient in:
- PHP Framework (Zend Framework, PEAR Framework)
- jQuery, AJAX, XML, XHTML Web Standard, CSS
- PHP MVC Design Pattern
- Version control system, SVN, CVS, GIT
- Understanding of integrating third-party web services using APIs
- Experience and current knowledge of Linux O/S and Apache
- Experience with other programming languages (.NET, Java, HTML5, CSS3) an asset
- A degree or diploma in computer science is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Must be fluent in English (written, verbal, and comprehension)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with adherence to tight deadlines
- Ability and desire to continuously learn and adopt new technologies and techniques
- Ability to perform technical analyses based on business and technical requirements
- Experience with the following systems is an asset: Ubersmith (billing system), Silverstripe/Sapphire (CMS)
Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit salary objectives with your application.
Successful candidates may have the opportunity to work from a home office.
To begin your career with Opie Marketing Group, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank each applicant; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES