Web Application Developer
Opie Marketing Group, Inc., based in Burlington, Ontario, owns and operates a number of leading ecommerce websites.
We are seeking an experienced web-based application developer to join our growing team in a fast-paced, goal-oriented work environment.
The position of Web Application Developer will report directly to our Senior Software Architect and will collaborate with the software development team on web-based applications projects, as well as assist with the support and maintenance of our expanding platform.
- Design and implement product and platform features
- Develop new programming code and adapt existing code to meet business requirements
- Test and identify any bugs, technical problems and glitches
- Database management, form development and integration into our platform
- Provide ongoing support of existing production applications
- University degree in computer science or information systems preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with:
- Web application development using PHP
- Object-oriented programming
- Proven experience with:
- PHP Framework (Zend Framework, PEAR Framework)
- jQuery, AJAX, XML, XHTML Web Standard, CSS
- PHP MVC Design Pattern
- Version control system, SVN, CVS, GIT
- Understanding of integrating third-party web services using APIs
- Ability to perform technical analyses based on business and technical requirements
- Experience with and current knowledge of Linux O/S and Apache
- Solid understanding of web architectures, user-centric design, and usability testing
- Strong knowledge of browser compatibility problems for all platforms and major browser types
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Fluency in English (written, verbal, and comprehension)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and desire to continuously learn and adopt new technologies and techniques
- Effective time and project management skills
- Experience with other programming languages (.NET, Java, HTML5, CSS3) is an
- Experience with the following systems is an asset: Ubersmith (billing system), Silverstripe/Sapphire (CMS)
Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit salary objectives with your application.
We would like to thank each applicant; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES